Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a great start to your week. Mine started with a weigh-in. The verdict? I’ve lost another 1.4 pounds. 🙂 This feels right on track to me … a healthy amount of weight to lose in one week.
Oh, and seeing as today is President’s Day, it was supposed to be the last day of my Presidential Challenge. Although I didn’t lose the 10 pounds I had hoped for, (I had some trouble getting motivated) I am still really happy with what came as a result of this challenge.
I am really starting to have a more healthy mindset when it comes to eating. I think I am finally approaching my goal of that 80-20% mentality of healthy eating. Don’t get me wrong, I still slip up and overeat (see Friday night’s post for an example), but for the most part, things have been better.
I’ve been kicking butt with my workouts as well, but I have come to realize that it is true: You can out-exercise a bad diet. So this week, I thought I would give some insight into some typical meals and snacks for me, in case you are looking for EASY ideas. Remember, I am still learning to cook, so most of these require little to no actual cooking. 🙂
- Overnight Oats (They usually include old-fashioned oats, almond milk, Greek yogurt, chia seeds, protein powder, and a sliced banana)
- Whole-wheat bagel thin (with low-fat cream cheese and sugar-free strawberry preserves, deli turkey and light cheese, or peanut butter and banana)
- Egg-white, turkey, and Laughing Cow cheese on a whole-wheat bagel thin
- Protein pancakes (Oatmeal, egg, egg white, Greek yogurt or cottage cheese)
- Chobani Greek yogurt with Bare Naked Fit granola
- Apple with peanut butter
- Giant salad with tons of veggies, protein (chicken breast pre-cooked in the crock pot, deli turkey, or canned tuna), and fat-free italian dressing
- Whole-wheat pasta (or spaghetti squash), protein (chicken breast or chicken sausage), veggies, and marinara sauce
- Turkey or chicken sandwich on whole-wheat Healthy Life bread (with Laughing Cow cheese, avocado, and veggies)
- Scrambled egg/egg-whites with spinach, tomatoes, and peppers (Ok, I haven’t actually made this yet, but I really want to try it soon with some salsa on top)
- Almonds and Craisins
- String cheese, apple sauce, and a clementine
- Veggies and hummus
What are your favorite quick and easy healthy meals and snacks? I need some ideas!
P.S. I pre-wrote most of this post on Sunday, and happened to be snacking on one of the new Apple Cinnamon Chobani Greek yogurts … HOLY YUM!