I have been reading Kenlie’s blog for awhile now, but I decided that it might be cool to take part in her tradition of Friend Makin’ Mondays. Since I’ve obviously been struggling with my eating habits lately, this week’s questions really hit home for me. You can participate as well. Answer the questions on your own blog, and then head back over to her post today to link up to your post in the comments section.
- Are there foods in your life that always seem to trigger overeating? Yes!
- If so, what are they? I can’t really think of certain foods. Any junk food really … especially cookies, chips, and ice cream.
- When are you most likely to give into strong cravings? When I am alone … sad, but true. I will deny them when I am in front of other people, but leave me alone, and it’s all downhill from there.
- Are you more likely to be triggered by salty foods or sugary foods? Both … depends on the day.
- How do you get back on track after overeating? Every time I binge, I always say that tomorrow will be a better day. However, I can only remember one time that I actually stuck to that promise: May 23rd, 2010 when I joined Weight Watchers and stuck with it until September. I need to find that committed girl again. I know she’s here somewhere.
- Are there any foods that you allow yourself to eat without limits? I suppose if I really wanted to binge on raw veggies, I wouldn’t stop myself … although that has yet to happen.
- Do you notice a change in your emotions while eating trigger foods? I definitely overeat when I am sad or upset. And it doesn’t make me feel better, it makes me feel worse. Then, I am not only sad or upset about whatever was bothering me in the first place … I’m also mad at myself for eating so much.
- Do you have a strategy to keep yourself from overeating trigger foods? I rarely buy foods from the grocery store that I know I might binge on. However, sometimes I feel bad for never buying snacky foods for my boyfriend, so I buy them … for him … and then eat them myself. Or I raid the cabinets at my dad’s or mother-in-law’s house … true story.
And just for the record, I started today with some homemade strawberry banana protein pancakes, and I am headed to the gym in a bit for some cardio, strength training, and YOGA. I haven’t done yoga in many, many months, so I am so looking forward to stretching out … as embarrassing as it might be. Catch ya later!