Ok, so this week was a little messy in regards to healthy, binge-free eating habits. Between the food spread provided by the PTO for conferences and Thanksgiving (plus leftovers), things didn’t exactly go as planned. But rather than dwell on a few bad days, I thought I would shed some light on what’s going well. 🙂
1. I worked out every day during my 5-day holiday weekend.
2. I signed-up for two-months of bi-weekly small group training to begin next week (the first week of December). I know I said that this was going to be my reward for 14 binge-free days, but they had a great Black Friday BOGO deal that was just the incentive I needed to commit.
3. I said NO to bringing home the leftover pie on Thanksgiving. If it’s not in the house, I can’t eat it!
4. I threw away all other leftovers from Thanksgiving this morning, forcing the leftover-eating-fest to come to an end and enabling a fresh start to the week.
5. I grocery shopped for fresh food and did not allow any snack-y foods to make their way into the cart. Regardless of how baked or popped they are, I struggle with stopping at one serving. I was proud to see that everything on my receipt fell under the “Produce” and “Dairy” categories.
6. I brought veggies and hummus to my Girls’ Night Out this weekend, so there would be a healthy option to snack on.
7. I tentatively planned my workouts for the rest of the year. I’ve found that I am much more likely to succeed when I schedule fitness, just like any other commitment.
8. I’m pledging to log everything that goes into my mouth from today until I no longer need to. I don’t want to cancel out the (really expensive) training that I am about to embark on by eating like crap. I know that a healthy body is 20% working out and 80% eating right. And eating is my weakness.
What good decisions did you make this week?