So, one of my goals for 2013 is to finish what I started and get to my goal weight. I know that this is a lofty goal, but I also know that it is achievable if I set my mind to it. In order to hold myself accountable and encourage some of my friends who have expressed interest in losing some weight and getting healthier, I organized a Biggest Loser Competition. Here are the rules as posted on our Facebook event page:
1. The entry fee is $10.
2. The first weigh-in is on Sunday, January 6, 2013. This will be your starting weight.
3. Weigh-in every Sunday morning and record your weight, pounds lost, and percentage change from starting weight (using the formula provided). Share your results on the Facebook group! Katie will keep track of how much (in terms of percentage) people have lost.
4. If you lost or stayed the game, bravo! If you gained, you pay $1 per pound gained. Round up. For example, if you gained 0.6 pounds, pay $1. If you gained 1.6 pounds, pay $2, and so on. Also, If you miss a weigh-in, you owe $1. Keep track of what you owe on the tracking sheet.
5. Don’t skip a weigh-in just because you’re afraid of a gain. It happens to the best of us. Just face the number on the scale, and kick butt the next week!
6. Support and encourage one another on the Facebook group, in person, via text, on the phone … any way possible! While it is a competition, we are all in it to get healthier and look sexier. ☺ Share healthy snack ideas, recipes, workout suggestions, etc.
7. Feel free to invite any friends that you think would like to participate. The more the merrier and it ups the ante for everyone!
8. All moneys can be paid in one lump sum at the end of the competition unless you prefer to pay more often. You can send Katie cash or a check and she will distribute the money to the winner(s). We will decide on how many winners there will be later in the competition depending on the number of participants.
9. The last weigh-in is on Sunday, March 31, 2013.
I created a tracking form for everyone to keep track of how much they have lost and how much money they owe. I am hoping that it will be just the boost that I need to get back in the weight loss game. Plus, I am really excited to help motivate my friends! When I was losing weight, it was a really great feeling to inspire others to make some healthy changes in their lives.
The challenge starts Sunday, so I need to prepare myself.
How do you keep yourself accountable? Anyone want to join in on the challenge?